The Difference between cloud and server are cloud server can be defined as a server that is virtual, not physical which is used to perform the processes like storing data, and running applications that can be run in a cloud computing environment and can be accessed on demand by unlimited users.
A dedicated server is a server that is dedicated to our tasks and processes. These are the physical drivers, unlike cloud servers. One cannot share RAM and CPU with other organizations with the help of dedicated servers this feature increases the task speed in the dedicated servers.
Difference Between Cloud and Server
Cloud servers work like physical servers. Because cloud services or applications are provided by third-party providers or sponsors, they deliver or provide computing resources through the internet mostly.
Cloud servers are created by using the hypervisor software which converts all the physical drivers into virtual drivers. Hypervisor software abstracts the server’s processing power and groups them together to convert them into a virtual server.
Types of cloud servers:
- Public cloud servers: Here the resources are provided by third-party providers over the internet. All the infrastructures are managed by the cloud provider.
- Private cloud servers: These are exclusively used for a single business or organization and it is safer and more secure.
- Hybrid cloud servers: These are the combination of both public and private servers and help data to move between the public and private clouds. It provides more flexibility, security, and safety.
Benefits of cloud servers:
- Programming power
Benefits of dedicated servers:
- Faster connection speeds
- 24/7 uptime
- Reduced risk of virus attacks
- Server Control
- Enhanced performance
- Improved flexibility
- Easy customization
Differences between cloud server vs dedicated servers:
- Cloud servers are available over the internet and can be accessed from any location, but dedicated servers are physical servers where we need to have an entire server for our own website.
- Dedicated servers are more secured than cloud servers
- Dedicated servers have high processing speed than cloud servers.
- Cloud servers have a high chance of virus attacks compared to dedicated servers
- Cloud servers have unlimited storage whereas dedicated servers have limited storage
Both the servers which are the cloud server and the dedicated server are used to share the data among the devices and to process and complete the user tasks and requirements. Both of them have some advantages and disadvantages in terms of security, speed, storage, and availability as mentioned above so it’s our responsibility to choose the correct server according to our requirements.